http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=conshomrem-20

See below to shop at Amazon.com!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Natural Home Rememdies and Cures #1

A doctor, I'm not. But, like most everyone else, I have had my health problems and don't like the side effects that most of the prescription drugs have caused. So I signed up for a few health newsletters and have filled two 3" 3-ring notebooks to the max with information I have gathered and more. I receive a lot of really interesting and mind boggling information from all of these sources: Health Sciences Institute (HSI), Institute For Vibrant Living (IVL), Bottomline/Health, Nutrition & Healing and Health e-Tips, HSI eAlert, Life Extension, NorthStar Team/Real Advantage Nutrients, Swanson and The Douglas Report. I get e-mails from these sites everyday. There's got to be some home remedies and cures that are natural and better for a body than drugs that the FDA makes. I fear the FDA is more concerned about making money than caring about the side effects their products cause people.

Just look at all of the different cultures around the world. They all have their special natural home remedies and cures for different illnesses/diseases or injuries. Scientists are discovering natural home remedies and cures for different diseases all of the time now, including even for cancer, so they say. A lot of these discoveries are due to the natural home remedies and cures that these cultures use.

Years ago when I was raising all of my kids, I suffered from migraine headaches and the doctor gave me prescription motrin. I took it for years and gradually used it for arthritis. Then I developed acid reflux or GERD and needed Tagemet. I stopped the motrin and started using a lot of Tylenol. Switched the Tagemet to Prilosec and have used it for years. And the doctor also put me on pills for arthritis because Tylenol just didn't take care of the pain. In the mid 90's, the arch in my left foot broke and never got casted because I didn't know that it broke because I didn't do anything unusual to break it. I went to the doctor too late. Between the pain in that foot and both arthritic knees, I was in a lot of pain. Boy, did I need some natural home remedies and cures!

Finally around 2004, I had reconstructive surgery on my foot and had both knees totally replaced in the last 3 years. So the pain is finally under control without pills! In the mean time, I came down with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and broke both legs, both feet, the left foot again in a different place, and my right wrist twice. I came down with Osteoporosis pretty badly at a young age. I blame it all on all the drugs! From everything I've been reading from all of the newsletters on natural home remedies, several of the drugs I had been taking, including Fosamax and my asthma steroidal medication, Q-Var, I feel that they all caused my bone loss and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

So I decided I needed to do something different. It just was not healthy for me to be taking all those drugs. I totally quit taking all of the prescription drugs that my doctor had me on. I retired last summer from my job of 26 1/2 years and have been reading and trying a lot of different home remedies from health food stores and from the natural home remedies and cures offered from doctors in the news letters that I get.

Policosanol was one of the first really great natural home remedies and cures I found. My doctor thought I had high blood pressure. I probably did thanks to my job, which was very stressful, and my marriage. Policosanol prevents high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes, high cholesterol and tooth decay! And it is made naturally from sugar cane and is cheap. And guess what? It really works! My blood pressure is great now. Policosanol can be found at natural health food stores and Swansons.

Giving up Prilosec was the hardest thing to do. I have GERD really bad. I was taking Now Super Enzymes and DGL German Chocolate flavored, made from deglycyrrhizinated licorace root that I'd gotten at a natural health food store. I switched to Ultimate Digestion Support by Real Advantage. This is working a lot better for me and I take DGL to chew on only when I need to. It really helps to sooth the esophagus when I eat something tomatoey, spicy or chocolatety. And I got rid of my Irritable Bowel Syndrome! Two more great all natural home remedies and cures.

And then of course, there is the problem with my bones breaking so much. I have been taking Fosamax for 10 years as well as taking lots of calcium, D3, vitamin K and magnesium for a long time trying to make my bones stronger. Mark Stengler, ND, adjunct associate clinical professor at the National College of Natural Medicine said physicians at Weill Medical College of Cornell University found that Fosamax may increase risk for femur (thighbone) fractures. Also Parish Sedghizadeh, DDS, MS, assistant professor of clinical dentistry, University of Southern California School of Dentistry said his clinic is seeing 1-4 new cases a week of jaw necrosis as compared to one a year in the past, all patients taking fosamax. I'm hoping now that I have quit taking all of those destructive drugs and am now on natural home remedies that my bones will get stronger. We shall see. I certainly do feel better now and my asthma is doing fine now too. Time will tell.

Keep in tuned for more tips on natural home remedies. You would be surprised at all of the natural home remedies and cures there are out there to be found.

http://connieshomeremedies.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment