Are you overweight? Do you want to lose weight? What is your BMI (body mass index)? There are many natural home remedies and cures to help you lose weight and many different diets, not all good.
Any BMI over 25 is considered overweight, 30-39 is obese and 40 or more is extremely obese. To figure out your own BMI:
Weight (pounds) x 703
Height squared (inches)
Here’s an example for someone who is 5’4” weighing 159 lbs.
• Multiply weight by 703: 159 lbs. x 703 = 111,777
• Multiply height in inches by height in inches: 64 x 64 = 4,096
• Divide answer in first step by the number in second step: 111,777/4,096 = 27.2
• BMI is 27.2 (found in overweight range)
Drinking water, and lots of it, is really important. It speeds up your metabolism and after drinking two glasses you start to burn fat. Drinking two liters of water a day will help you lose five pounds a year.
When eating out at restaurants, some natural home remedies and cures for losing weight are avoiding the bread baskets at the beginning and desserts at the end of the meal. Avoid breads altogether. Have tomato juice or a shrimp cocktail instead. Or eat an apple or low fat yogurt before eating out. You won’t be so hungry that way.
More home remedies – don’t snack in front of the TV, instead, sip on hot or cool liquids. Try to resist cravings for 10 minutes. The cravings may go away. Regularly eat every 3 to 4 hours with a healthful snack or meal. This will keep your blood sugar stable and keep cravings at bay.
Here are more home remedies and cures to losing weight. Studies have shown that by adding 1,200 to 1,300 mg. of calcium to a calorie-restricted diet, a person will lose weight. By adding three servings of low-fat dairy to your diet a day, you will:
• Increase the amount of weight you lose by 70%
• Increase the amount of body fat you lose by 64%
• Lose 47% more fat from your belly
While eating yogurt, you lose weight and protect muscle.
Root causes for obesity: a combination of the first two causes are almost always the main causes.
• Poor diet (high in calories and simple carbohydrates)
• Hormone imbalance (particularly thyroid)
• Neurotansmitter imbalance (serotonin)
• Mental, emotional or spiritual issues
• Preexisting medical conditions (e.g., hypothyroidism)
• Side effects of pharmaceutical medications (e.g., antidepressants)
The best home remedies and cures for losing weight are to change your diet. Focus on eating foods that are fresh, whole and nutritionally dense.
Start cooking for yourself and shop for a variety of basic whole foods. Eat vegetables, nuts and seeds raw for their fiber and digestive enzymes. Use light cooking methods like broiling, steaming, roasting or grilling.
You’ll feel deprived and hungry if you don’t eat enough protein every day. Eat fish often and lean meat or poultry. Every meal should include beans, lean poultry, soy products, nuts or yogurt.
Whole, complex carbohydrates like brown rice, whole grain bread and oats are healthful and necessary. Fatty acids are very important such as cold water fish, flaxseeds and cold-pressed oils, like olive oil.
More home remedies would be drinking a healthful glass of vegetable juice a half hour before meals. It will help keep your appetite in check. Again, drink lots of water.
Foods to avoid are sugar, white breads, refined flours, pastas, crackers, low-fat sweets, processed food and junk food, artificial flavors, colors and preservatives.
More home remedies and cures for obesity to try are:
• Caralluma fimbriata – take 500 mg. 30-45 minutes before meals twice a day, usually at breakfast and dinner.
• Green tea (camellia sinensis) extract – take 1,500 mg. of green tea extract standardized to 80 to 90% polyphenols and 35 to 55% epigallocatechin gallate. Studies have shown that green tea increases thermogenesis, the body’s ability to burn energy.
• PGX – take 2 to 4 capsules before or with each meal and with 8 ounces of water. It makes one feel full and reduces insulin levels that contribute to weight gain.
• Irvingia gabonensis – take 150 mg. twice daily of standardized extract
• Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) – take 3.4 grams daily. This fatty acid reduces body fat compostion.
• Resveratrol – take 125 to 250 mg. daily. This helps with glucose metabolism in cells.
• Chromium – take 500 mcg. twice daily. It helps with blood-sugar balance and sweet cravings.
• Nature’s Benefit’s Hoodia Supreme (from Stella Labs) is a good source of Hoodia Gordonii – take 1 to 2 capsules a day with an 8 oz. glass of water – it tricks your brain into thinking you’re full and so you eat less.
• HCA (hydroxycitrate) made from an Indian fruit, garcinia cambogia – it jumpstarts metabolism and helps burn fat more efficiently – follow directions on package.
There are other home remedies and cures for obesity. But I have found that of all the diets, pills and herbs I have tried, Take Shape For Life is the easiest healthiest and for sure way to lose weight and keep it off and gain optimal health. Anyone interested in learning more about Take Shape For Life, send me an email to conniea.tsfl.com.