There is a lot of controversy over being out in the sunshine without sunscreen or the necessity to use sunscreen. Some naturopathic doctors say you don’t need to use sunscreen and now they are finding that sunscreen may possibly even cause cancer. Please read on for more home remedies and cures.
As I’m sure you know, for many years now, we have been told that UV rays from the sun causes skin cancer. But did you know that we cannot live without the sun? We need the vitamin D that the sun provides us with. We also need to eat plenty of natural foods that provide vitamin D.
Lack of vitamin D can cause rashes and irritations on the skin, tongue and anus as well as poor bone formation. Vitamin D shortage causes calcium metabolism in your body to be thrown off and bones begin to deteriorate. Studies show that lack of sunshine induced vitamin D is linked with diabetes, immune disfunction, prostate and breast cancer, as well. The sunshine and natural whole foods full of vitamin D are the home remedies and cures we need to help us stay healthy and strong.
On the other hand, too much sunshine can cause skin cancer, cataracts, temporary blindness, growths on the eyes called pterygia, macular degeneration and melanoma on the back of the eyeball. So we need to find a happy medium.
Some recommendations for home remedies and cures for being out in the sunshine are:
• When your skin turns even slightly pink – head for the shade, cover up with clothing or use sunscreen ONLY at that point.
• Using a beach umbrella – even sitting under an umbrella the UV light bounces off of the sand onto your skin. Water and snow have the same reflection, so use sunscreen or cover up with clothes.
• Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or more. Get sunscreen that is labeled “broad spectrum” and look for titanium dioxide or Parsol 1789 in the list of ingredients.
• Apply sunscreen every 2 hours, especially if you are in the water.
• Minimize sun exposure between 10 am and 4 pm.
• Use UV-protective Lip Balm with an SPF 15 or higher.
• Wear UV-protective sunglasses.
• Wear sun-protective clothing.
• Wear a hat with a 3” brim.
But your best home remedies and cures for preventing skin cancer, is to eat right! Eat fish, olives, olive oil, tea, tomatoes, tomato paste and sauce, carrots, cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower, peas, sweet potatoes and yams, pumpkin, spinach, kale and collard greens. Eat fruit, especially citrus, red grapes, watermelon, guava and papaya and cocoa. Use stevia instead of sugar. Eat herbs like rosemary, oregano, thyme and garlic.
Just in case that’s not good enough, take supplements containing the nutrients that the foods listed above contain. Supplements to take to help prevent skin cancer are beta-carotene, lutein, lycopene, flavonoids and polyphenols. Resveratrol, proanthocyanidins and polyphenols work even better when taken together. Also take vitamin C, E and B vitamins, fish oil and olive oil.
Remember, sunshine is very important to get out into for our bodies sakes, but if you think you are getting too much, use sunscreen and get into the shade. The best home remedies and cures to use against skin cancer, is to eat the right food.
http://www.squidoo.com/connies-home-remedies-and-cures on colds and flus
For other similar blogs you might find interesting, try: